File footage shows North Korea’s nuclear development after new test

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

YONGBYON, NORTH KOREA (KRT) – Tensions on the Korean peninsular were heightened ever further on Sunday (September 3) after North Korea said it had conducted its sixth and most powerful nuclear test, which it said was an advanced hydrogen bomb for a long-range missile.

The reclusive state regularly threatens to destroy the United States and South Korea. In July, they said they had conducted their first test of an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and mastered the technology needed to deploy a nuclear warhead using the missile.

The U.S.’ Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the Pentagon spy agency, said it had assessed the North to be able to field a nuclear-capable ICBM by next year, earlier than previously thought, media reports have said.

North Korea has made no secret of its plans to develop a nuclear-tipped missile capable of striking the United States and has ignored international calls to halt its weapons programs.

The country is still technically at war with the South after their 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce but not a treaty.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply