Police confirm that at least four people have died in the attack outside the country’s parliament in London. Continue reading
A major police operation is launched following an attack, described by police as a “terrorist incident” outside Britain’s parliament, that has caused many casualties.
France’s Orly airport is evacuated and the flights are suspended, after a man seizing a soldier’s gun is shot dead.
Trump supporters held ‘Spirit of America’ rallies in 28 states Saturday, mostly peaceful gatherings in support of the U.S. Commander in Chief – marred, mostly notably, by brawls in the famously liberal city of Berkeley, California. Lisa Bernhard reports. Continue reading
Two people were killed after fire broke out at a camp housing hundreds of migrants who pick fruit and vegetables in the fields of southern Italy, officials said on Friday (March 3). Continue reading
Various,South Africa (China Global Television) – Tensions between South Africans and foreigners rose again in Pretoria and parts of Johannesburg recently.
British militant Abu-Zakariya al-Britani who blew himself up in Iraq had won compensation for his stay at Guantanamo Bay, security sources say.
(SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITE) – An Islamic State suicide bomber from Britain who blew himself up in an attack on Iraqi forces this week had been given compensation for his detention in the Guantanamo Bay military prison, Western security sources said on Wednesday (February 22).
Islamic State militants said Abu-Zakariya al-Britani, a British citizen who was originally known as Ronald Fiddler and then cast himself as Jamal Udeen al-Harith, detonated a car bomb at an Iraqi army base southwest of Mosul this week.
The militants also released a photograph of the smiling bomber surrounded by wires in the seat of what appeared to be the car in which he blew himself up.
The photograph was published on Dawaall al-Haq, a website that describes itself as a non-affiliated news agency. Dawaall al-Haq publishes content relating to the Islamic State and other militant groups.
The Islamic State statements could not be independently verified by Reuters but three Western security sources said it was highly likely that Britani was the bomber and now dead.
Britain made a civil damages settlement with British former Guantanamo Bay inmates in 2010 but did not disclose the size of the payouts, citing confidentiality agreements, then-Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke told parliament at the time.
The Daily Mail reported that al-Britani had been awarded $1.25 million by the British government after claiming British agents knew or were complicit in his alleged mistreatment.
Originally from the northern English city of Manchester, he converted to Islam in his 20s. He was detained in Afghanistan by U.S. special forces and taken to Guantanamo in 2002.
He was released in 2004 after the government of then-Prime Minister Tony Blair lobbied for his release. He later travelled to Syria to fight with Islamic State.
Britain’s foreign ministry declined to comment on the death of al-Britani but said it had advised for some time against all travel to Syria and large parts of Iraq.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer says reports that the Trump White House is considering mobilizing National Guard troops to round up illegal immigrants is “despicable.” Continue reading
Protesters clash with police in the Paris suburb of Bobigny over the alleged rape of a 22-year-old man in police custody. Silvia Antonioli reports. Continue reading
Doctors Without Borders says U.S. President Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration sends a “poisonous message” and imperils “the most vulnerable people on earth”.