Dozen suffers burns from suspected acid substance at London nightlclub

At least 12 people suffer burns from a suspected noxious substance in a London nightclub, ambulance service says.

LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (APRIL 17, 2017) (BBC) – London Ambulance Service said a hazardous response team was deployed to a nightclub in the early hours of Monday (April 17) after at least 12 people suffered burns from a suspected “acidic substance”.

Britain’s newspaper The Guardian reported that 600 people had to be evacuated from the Mangle E8 club, located in east London, as eyewitnesses described people having “chemical burns”.

London Ambulance Service said they took ten people to hospital, while police said two additional people were treated with similar injuries.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson was reported by The Sun newspaper as saying: “An unknown corrosive substance thrown within the nightclub … It was identified by a PH paper test as a strong acidic substance.”

There have been no arrests and police are investigating the incident.


Associated Links

  • Ambulance
  • Medical technology
  • Burns

  • Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

    Leave a Reply